Understanding the Subclass 820 Partner Visa
The Subclass 820 Partner Visa is designed to enable partners or spouses of Australian citizens and residents to live together in Australia. It’s a crucial step for couples who want to build a life together in this beautiful country. This visa comes with a temporary status, which means you can stay in Australia while your application is being processed.
To apply for the Subclass 820 Partner Visa, you need to meet certain eligibility criteria:
- You must be in a genuine and ongoing relationship with an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- The sponsor (your partner) must be an eligible sponsor and should meet specific requirements.
- You and your partner must be over 18 years old.
- Both parties should be free to marry and not closely related.
Documentation and Proof of Relationship
Proving the genuineness of your relationship is a crucial part of the Subclass 820 Partner Visa application. You’ll need to provide a wide range of documents, including:
- Statutory declarations from you and your partner, detailing your relationship.
- Evidence of shared financial commitments and responsibilities.
- Documentation showing your cohabitation or plans to live together.
- Social and financial connections, such as joint bank accounts and shared bills.
- Proof of your commitment, such as photos and letters.
The Application Process
Applying for the Subclass 820 Partner Visa can be a complex process, so it’s essential to understand the steps involved:
- Lodge an expression of interest online through the Australian Government’s website.
- Wait for an invitation to apply for the visa.
- Submit your visa application online, providing all required documents and information.
- Pay the relevant visa fees.
- Processing Time and Timeline
The processing time for the Subclass 820 Partner Visa can vary. On average, it takes around 17 to 22 months to process. However, several factors can influence this timeline, such as the completeness of your application and the number of applications in the queue.
While your Subclass 820 Partner Visa is being processed, you may be eligible for a Bridging Visa, allowing you to stay in Australia. These visas come with specific conditions, so it’s crucial to understand them and adhere to them while waiting for your partner visa to be granted.
Once your Subclass 820 Partner Visa is granted, you will be subject to certain conditions. These conditions may include:
– The requirement to stay in a genuine relationship with your partner.
– Compliance with Australian laws.
– Limitations on healthcare access and social security benefits.
Subclass 820 Partner Visa Australia is a vital step for those wanting to reunite with their loved ones in this beautiful country. By understanding the eligibility requirements, the application process, and the associated conditions, you can make this journey as smooth as possible. Whether you’re planning to work, study, or simply enjoy your time with your partner, this visa paves the way for a brighter future together in Australia. For more personalized information and guidance, it’s always recommended to consult with an immigration expert who can help you navigate the intricacies of the visa application process.